Perhaps the best investment in conservation and the future is to work with our youth through educational programs making the next generations aware of conservation issues.
- Recognizes outstanding achievements by local youth in conservation-related activities
- Continues involvement and presentations to local students
- Develops programs of interest and/or benefit to local schools
- Sponsors and conducts the annual Somerset County Envirothon competition
- Actively promotes the Pennsylvania Conservation Partnership
- Assists with the PFBC and Trout Unlimited sponsored Trout in the Classroom Program
- Works in cooperation with the Somerset County Conservancy in developing an environmental education program at the Conservancy-owned Kimberly Run Property.
- Continues to provide summer internships for area college students with major courses of study in environmental fields